Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Uday Kiran all set for a comeback- Interview
Sunday, 26 June 2011
Looking better than ever and putting his bad days behind him, Uday Kiran is back. And this time, he has an all new plan for his career.

Once Tollywood's favorite lover boy with back-to-back blockbusters like " Chitram", " Nuvvu Nenu" and "Manasantha Nuvve" putting him on the top, the actor struggled through a tough phase for a long time after a series of box office debacles and personal issues. But that's history now, says the actor who is all set for a comeback.


"All this time I reassessed myself and thought about my life with a positive mind. All those bad days are gone and now I am back with a fresh perspective," he declares.

He admits that he has suffered a lot, but with age on his side, he has bounced back. "It's very hard to start afresh after such a long gap, but everyone goes through these phases. There is a lot of small talk about me doing the rounds these days, but I don't let it get to my head. Actually I'm embracing the situation with a positive mind," says Uday Kiran, who adds, "I am not a kind of person now who broods over the failures and negatives. I know I have a bright future and I'm just waiting for the right time," he adds.

Uday Kiran is now geared up for his comeback on the screen with "Dil Kabaddi", to be directed by a debutant. "This is the film I am looking at now. This is an out-an-out entertainer with all the elements in it — it's a performance-oriented romcom."


Quiz him if he is worried about all the fresh competition who have risen to the top, while he was missing in action and he says, "Yes, many young actors are being launched and there is stiff competition in the field. I know I have to work very hard to face this challenge. But I have wizened up and I'm ready to face all these challenges."


Talking about how things were when he made an entry into Tollywood, Uday Kiran says, "I did my first film when I was in the final year of my graduation. At that time I was still a kid and I couldn't read the industry very well. Because of that I made a few mistakes, but I don't regret anything, I've learnt from it all."


The actor even tried to venture into the Tamil film industry with the film, "Poi", but things didn't work out with the movie bombing at the box office. "But I have great memories of working with K Balachander. Irrespective of the film's success, I always remember those days. I learned many things from him," says Uday Kiran, who wants to "concentrate on this Telugu film" right now.


The actor worked hard on getting back in shape too for this flick. "I am not a fitness freak, but I do my regular exercises. I wanted to come back with a new look. When you have full control over your body and mind, you're good to go," he says.


The actor who is celebrating his new body, mind and outlook, says marriage can wait for now. "I want to secure my future now by doing some good cinema," says Uday who is celebrating his birthday today with the launch of his film.





No comments:

Post a Comment