Tuesday, October 4, 2011


UdayKiran Interview With Chitramala

I want to grow with audience, says Uday Kiran

Uday Kiran, whose fortunes as the Lover Boy of the New Millennium in Tollywood got reversed, frankly admits that he lacked the judgment and experience when he was neck-deep in stardom. When everybody thought it was a blackout for Uday Kiran, he sneaked into the industry through his semi-God Father Teja (in the movie Avunanna Kadanna) but was forgotten soon. Making his debut in Kollywood with "Poi" (its Telugu version as Abaddam), he says he had understood the cunning of the film industry. "I have learnt to give importance to quality rather than the number game. I too have a dream. I am happy that I passed through the ups and downs at a very young age. Can't I withstand the same now?" he says with beaming eyes. He sounded mature in his outlook and looked much more handsome. 
Uday Kiran's birthday is on June 26 th. Excerpts from the chitchat:

Chitramala : Nice to see you back in Tollywood. Why such a big gap?

Uday Kiran : (Laughs). Yes… A big gap. You know it would be difficult for me to explain the reasons. Anyway, this gap has helped me a lot. After probation, we have a posting. It is like probation for the best career. I am thankful to my fans. I can better say my audience, for all their support and love for me all these days.

Chitramala : How is your experience in Kollywood?

Uday Kiran : Excellent. A great director like Balachander gave me the best support. When Balachander selected me as the hero for "Poi", it was a big surprise to me. I shall be eternally grateful to him. I am not bothered about the outcome of the film. But, several people congratulated me. I never expected such pleasant greetings. I started learning Tamil and hope to dub my voice myself.

Chitramala : Didn't you feel insecure during this tough period?

Uday Kiran : Yes. I felt it. It is very common in the life of anybody. At the age of 20, the audience attached stardom to me. Now, I am not a man of success. I have to maintain a low profile, because there is very little or nothing to say about me now. But, I feel happy always. I was lucky that I entered the industry as a hero. Had I started as a struggler, success would have sure been delayed. So why should I worry? What all happened had happened only for my good.

Chitramala : What you think is the reason for the downfall in your career?

Uday Kiran :  Selection of bad movies. Yes, I say again.

Chitramala :  Learnt any Lessons?

Uday Kiran : (In a thoughtful mood). Yes. I think so. I don't feel shy to admit my mistakes. When I was in successes, I never thought there was a thing like introspection. It never occurred to me to judge myself and my actions. I was fully mesmerized with the On Screen Magic, totally unmindful of the business angle. I came to the industry not to earn money and then change my profession. I want to stay forever. Of course, it is my bad luck. Can't I overcome? (Smiles).

Chitramala : Do you believe in the Fate?

Uday Kiran : I can't reject it. The sluggish phase in my career brought me rich experience. I have no regrets.

Chitramala : You were about to become the megastar's son-in-law. But it was a different thing later. Did you ever feel that you had missed a big fortune?

Uday Kiran : No. There are always certain moments which miss judgment. I have no regrets. I am a God-fearing man. God has designed a life for me. I shall live it.

Chitramala : Tell us about your "Viyyalavari Kayyalu"?

Uday Kiran : It is completely a family-oriented movie. You will see a different Uday Kiran. My audience will sure like it.

Chitramala : Having worked as a highly successful hero, don't you think acting with another hero Srihari will bring down your image?

Uday Kiran : Certainly not. I have my own audiences and Srihari has his own base. To be frank, I love to work with him. Such scripts will sure bring a healthy trend in the industry.

Chitramala : What is your opinion about Love and Marriage?

Uday Kiran : (Laughs) Generally people say -  To settle in life after marriage. I don't understand that. After marriage, it is definitely a good life. A new life. A different life. Coming to Love, my description now would be immature. An intense research is required on the subject. When I complete it, I will sure tell you (Laughs).

Chitramala : What are your future plans?

Uday Kiran : Naturally, to do more and more movies. I don't want to go by trends. I came to industry highly inspired by a megastar and superstar. I want to be like them. I should grow with the audience. And the audience with me. For a very long time to come. Three more moves are under planning (in Telugu) and they would be announced soon.

Chitramala : Any message?

Uday Kiran : I have learnt to love all. Sarve Jana Sukhino Bhavantu!

No comments:

Post a Comment